From: Jessica (pool-71-243-26-201.bos.east.verizon.net -22.214.171.124)I am also told that the Veggie Stirfry contains fish sauce, so stay clear if you're not sure.
Subject: Re: Is anything vegan at the Cheesecake Factory? NT
Date: September 8, 2005 at 12:54 pm PST
In Reply to: Is anything vegan at the Cheesecake Factory? NT posted by Meg on August 26, 2005 at 8:54 am:
I recently visited a Cheesecake Factory for a friend's birthday and wrote to Customer Service to inquire what dishes were vegan. The reply came after my visit (I did accidentally eat a bun with eggs in it), but I thought it could be useful for others.
As of today, Sept. 8, 2005:
VEGAN MENU ITEMS:
- Some salads (see more below)
- Vegetable sides
CAN BE MODIFIED:
- The Veggie Burger and Portabella Burger without the bun are vegan.
- The Thai Lettuce Wraps can be ordered without chicken to be vegan.
- The Grilled Vegetable Pizza without cheese is vegan (no eggs in the crust).
- All salads can be ordered without meat. The following dressings do not contain eggs (ask about dairy): Chinese, Cilantro, Citrus Vinaigrette, Japanese, Vinaigrette, Lime Vinaigrette, Peanut Vinaigrette, Shallot Vinaigrette, Asian Vinaigrette, Sheila's Vinaigrette.
CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR:
- The Veggie Pot Pie has a vegan filling but the crust has eggs in it.
- The Avocado Eggrolls are sealed with an egg wash.
- Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes are made with Heavy Cream and they're served with a Tomotillo Cream Sauce that contains chicken broth.
Edit: We visited the Cheesecake Factory today. The one closest to us (Fashion Island) does not have a vegetable pizza, however, they were very gracious in creating one for us. Also, the all pasta contains egg.